I am inspired by listing all my writing activities:
- Some Kind of Wonderful Awards SkoW I have really good memories of participating in SKoW, chatting with judges, and nominating fictionpress authors/stories each round. I got nominated a few times and recorded a session on SkoW Radio.
2. Tough and Dirty TaD Newsletter The newsletter had writing prompts for writers to turn in submissions. Too bad TaD stopped after its 3rd newsletter.
- Writing Prompt #2 based on the song “My Fix” by Sunrise: Runner-Up
3. Favorite quotes
- When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be. Julia Glass
- . . . when it comes down to it, that’s what life is all about: showing up for the people you love, again and again, until you can’t show up anymore. Rebecca Walker
- Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. George R.R. Martin
- I decided it is better to scream. Silence is the real crime against humanity. Nadezhda Mandelstam
Make your own “what inspires me” list by noting
- poetry/fiction written (completed or not)
- pieces you have submitted to contests (it’s about getting the courage to submit)
- nominations and awards
- writing for newsletters
- online and in-person groups participated in (include NaNo write-ins!)
- all drafts of your query letter to see growth (think 100th version of a resume)